A recent post by Doc Siedman at the How Institute (see “HOW” Leadership Findings for Universal Benefits) highlighted the value of giving people a positive goal. This also supports why we enable the paneugensis process with an Idealized Outcome, or a positive goal. To clarify the point, in a “How” institute, “How” Conversation Admiral James Stavridis shared why he believes people need to be for something and how positive goals help.
As a guide, I recommend using the Paneugenesis Process to identify a positive goal and to move toward its achievement.
Practice Paneugenesis using this 4 Step to Process
- Operationalize a Desired Idealized Outcome
- Determine an Idealized outcome that is better or improved from what is possible or able to happen now
- Must incorporate Systems Thinking so the outcome benefits are on multiple levels without any seen harm to other levels
- Discover and Develop Necessary Precursors to make Desired Outcome Possible
- Research to discover what must come before idealized outcome, what must be true for desired outcome to occur
- Assess current process to discover and learn current processes used or must be created to manifest ideal outcomes
- These Precursors are goals that must be achieve before an Idealized Outcome can be realized.
- Optimize the Process to Develop Skills and abilities that make Precursors possible (this is Green Grass philosophy, its designing a process to help grass grow)
- Develop good practices (append existing or start new processes)
- Update unneeded, outdated or inappropriate actions to ones that created idealized vision,
- Focus on what causes more and more blades of grass to grow, and…
- Plot Progress to document, demonstrate, and celebrate Improvement
- Measure and document progress forward toward idealized outcome
- Plan and develop next steps to enable continual improvement
Please share your positive goals and how they help. Make it a great day by generating comprehensive improvements by creating pervasive, reciprocal, selfish, selfless, synergistic, net-positive, interactions so everyone and everything can benefit from this positive goal achievement.
Be selfish, selfless, & synergistic so everyone and everything benefits!
Please share your thoughts and questions below.
Contact me: BeWellr@gmail.com